Monday 17 December 2012

Tis the Season

Christmas is in the air and so are a few other traditions that go along with this time of the year. I am all for little family traditions, I sometimes just laugh at what we do in December sometimes though!
First of all we cut down trees to hang up in our houses...which is kinda random when you think about it and might be frowned upon at any other time of the year or any other type of tree...BUT non the less is very exciting to participate in!
One of my favorite random traditions is the gingerbread house. Decorating a cookie house COVERED in candy that I do not plan on taking ONE bite out of! Ha. 
It is fun to look at but never tastes great. This year in particular I made a poor judgement. In going out to purchase a gingerbread house I was looking for a bargain of course. I found a house on sale for $7.99!!! Well this is a deal as they can cost $11 or $12 at some stores. So I purchased the $7.99 one and was proud of my good deal until I opened the box realizing that this gingerbread in particular smelt as though it could be 7 years old!! It literally smelt like cardboard and not a pinch of gingerbread! I don't normally plan on eating them anyway but I would not mind a nice smell while I work on building it!! I had a great time building it of course,minus the cardboard smell and icing that was like caulking!! This house is never going to break. But I must admit it still looks cute and inviting :D
As for my luck the new years gingerbread houses went on sale at the grocery store for $9.99 the next day almost. Next year I might spend the extra $2! 
Even though some of these traditions seem kind of silly, I love taking part in them. It is such a fun time of the year and there is much to celebrate and be grateful for!
Merry Christmas! 
-elycia!


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Kinda reminds me of my whip cream incident...sometimes it's just better to go 'name brand' or, in your case, spend the extra $2! Haha Then again, you could just cheat and get a gingerbread air freshner and you're good to go!! (That's how my fake tree smells so awesome!) Haha

    ReplyDelete